If your home is ready for an interior makeover, you may be prepared to spend a lot of money on it. If so, you will be pleased to know that there are many design changes you can make that will not break the bank. Below are two of these changes so you can get your interior looking great.
Something as simple as changing the curtains can change the look of a room. This is especially true if you have had the same curtains for many years. There are a variety of curtains available, including the following:
- Eyelet curtains. Eyelet curtains work best for casual designs, and they are available in light- or medium-weight fabrics. Gold or silver rings hold the curtains to the rod. These curtains lie straight, making it easy to open and close them.
- Tab top curtains. Tab top curtains have loops at the top that you slide onto the curtain rod. One thing to consider is that it takes it longer to open and close the curtains because the tabs do not quickly slide across the rod.
- Pleated drapes. When you close pleated drapes, pleats form along the top of the curtain. Rings are placed along the length of the curtain rod, and the panels hang on the rings. Extra fabric is used behind the top of the curtain fabric to create the pleat. These curtains are opened and closed using a cord and pulley. These work well for formal rooms.
Changing the lighting in a room can also make a big difference. There are also many different types of lighting available for your home, including the following:
- Ambient lighting. Ambient lighting is also known as general lighting. This type of lighting will blanket the room to provide enough light, but the light is not too harsh. Because of this, you will often hear ambient lighting referred to as natural light. These lights work well for living rooms, bathrooms, and kitchens.
- Track or recessed lights. These lights are placed on the ceiling. If you have a low ceiling, you need to make sure the light is not harsh. For taller ceilings, you can choose any level of brightness for the lights. Put a series of lights around the ceiling to provide light for the entire room. They work well in a living room, kitchen, den, or bedroom.
- Pendants and chandeliers. If you have a very tall ceiling, a pendant or chandelier would work well for you. This is because you can control at what height the light hangs from the ceiling. These work well in foyers or more formal rooms, like dining rooms.
Aside from these suggestions, there are many other inexpensive changes you can make to your home interior. Schedule an interior design consultation with a professional if you have questions or need help.Share